Among the many different weight loss systems, the carbohydrate-free method has a special place to lose weight. It is also used for so-called "drying" by professional athletes. In this case, the main goal is to get rid of subcutaneous fat and build muscle, providing them with a wonderful relief. Carefully study all the pros and cons, principles and contraindications before starting a diet.
As the name suggests, a carbohydrate-free program is to cut down on carbohydrates in your diet by focusing on fats and proteins. Many other protein diets are based on the same rules - Ducan, Montignac, keto diet. According to reviews, following a carbohydrate-free diet, the weight line for two weeks can be 5-10 kg, depending on the initial body weight.
However, it is not possible to completely give up carbohydrates, they are necessary for the normal functioning of the digestive system and nervous system. After all, carbohydrates are a source of energy for the body, so you completely eliminate them from the diet, and soon you will begin to feel periodic headaches, drowsiness, fatigue, mood swings, low concentration and other "pleasures". Therefore, nutritionists recommend staying on 20-30 grams of carbohydrates per day. At the same time, products with low glycemic index have an advantage.
What is GI
The glycemic index is the rate at which the body absorbs carbohydrates from food and raises blood sugar.
The scale (abbreviated as GI) for measuring the glycemic index consists of 100 units. Therefore, 0 is the minimum value, ie 100 products that generally do not contain carbohydrates are the highest possible. Foods with a high GI saturate the blood with glucose very quickly, resulting in the body being filled with extra calories. If you do not need extra energy at this time, it immediately turns into fat accumulation. In this way, the body provides itself with a reserve source of energy.
Remember: uncontrolled use of high GI foods will interfere with thinness. Especially with a sedentary lifestyle. For example, if you have received new strength training, fast carbohydrates will be beneficial by stimulating muscle growth. And if you just sit on the couch and watch TV, sweets and pastries will make your figure and health worse.
Note:The actual GI index may vary depending on the amount of food consumed, the method of preparation, heat treatment, combination with other foods, and other factors. However, the figures do not differ significantly: for example, Brussels sprouts will still be a low GI product (10-20 units) and the glycemic index of instant cereals will still be high.
High glycemic index foods (95-70)
- White bread;
- baked, boiled and mashed potatoes;
- rice noodles;
- ready-made porridge, including rice;
- corn kernels;
- sports drinks (PowerAde, Gatorade);
- sweet dough;
- muesli with nuts and raisins;
- pumpkin, watermelon and melon;
- milk chocolate and chocolate bars;
- carbonated drinks Pepsi and Coca-Cola;
Average GI (65-55)
- Wheat flour;
- packaged juices;
- canned food and jams;
- rye and black yeast bread;
- sugary muesli;
- jacket potatoes;
- whole grain bread;
- canned vegetables;
- Pasta with cheese;
- sweet ice cream;
- long grain rice;
- buckwheat brown;
- grapes and grape juice;
- short bread.
Low GI (50-5)
- Sweet potatoes (yams, yams);
- green buckwheat;
- basmati rice;
- unsweetened cornstarch juice;
- oranges, kiwis and mangoes;
- unsweetened apple juice;
- Brown rice;
- freshly squeezed orange juice;
- unsweetened carrot juice;
- prunes and prunes;
- tomato juice;
- different types of cabbage: cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, white cabbage;
- nuts: peanuts, hazelnuts, peanuts, pine nuts, walnuts;
- bean curds (tofu);
- greens: parsley, basil, oregano.
Important:even low GI foods have calories, so you'll have to count them. There is no direct relationship between glycemic index and calorie intake.
This is how it works
To produce glucose and other energy sources, the body needs a substance called alanine. Because the body does not get enough carbohydrates, it must use "fat reserves" to produce alanine. You need to eat protein foods to avoid losing muscle mass.
You gradually lose weight, the body is cleansed and emptied. Life and prosperity are guaranteed.
Note:Alanine is an aliphatic amino acid that plays an important role in human energy metabolism. Due to the interaction of alanine with various biologically active compounds, other beneficial substances are formed in the body.
For a quick and effective result, we carefully observe all aspects of this nutrition system:
- Eat 5-6 small meals a day. You will have to forget about medium snacks.
- The norm of daily drinking water is 2-2, 5 liters. For water before and half an hour after a meal, but not at the same time.
- Eat the last meal before seven or eight in the evening. If you suffer from an unbearable feeling of hunger in the evening, cheat your stomach with a glass of water and then go to bed.
- Take vitamin and mineral supplements.
- Gradually reduce the amount of carbohydrates in the menu: from the usual norm to 150-200 g, approach the minimum price - 20-30 grams.
- Eliminate bread, sugar, coffee, starchy foods (potatoes, beets, corn), fruits with high GI, semi-finished products from the diet; "Diet" or fat-labeled food, alcohol is also unacceptable.
- Only a small amount of vegetable oils, nuts and olive or flaxseed oil are allowed.
- Frying is allowed, but still only with olive or flaxseed oil.
- Do not forget to do sports. If you are completely intolerant to running or swimming in the morning, comfort yourself with the fact that after losing weight, your skin will not sag and your muscles will be in good shape.
Basics of diet
Foods you can eat without restrictions:
- meat (beef, veal, rabbit, turkey);
- poultry eggs and intestines (liver, tongue, heart);
- fish and seafood (seafood fillets, shrimp, crab, crab);
- dairy products (cottage cheese, sour cream, milk, unsweetened yogurt);
- berries, citrus and other low GI fruits;
- vegetables (cabbage, peas and fresh beans, leafy greens and vegetables);
- nuts and seeds.
Pros and cons
- You can create a menu to suit your taste from a variety of allowed products. Every day the diet will be different, ie the diet is easily tolerated and painless.
- No need to waste time preparing special dishes.
- Acceptable dietary value.
- Reliability, you will lose weight really fast.
- By limiting the consumption of carbohydrate foods in the body, ketones are produced - substances that accelerate the process of burning fat tissue. Ketones reduce appetite, energize the brain and act as antidepressants.
However, not everything is so red; A carbohydrate-free diet also has significant drawbacks.
- As a result of eating large amounts of protein foods, metabolic products overload the liver and kidneys. They work very intensively, which can lead to the development of chronic diseases.
- Refusing carbohydrate foods deprives the body of vitamins and minerals. Therefore, experts recommend taking proven vitamins and dietary supplements.
- Ketone bodies are formed in the body with a lack of carbohydrates. It accumulates in the blood and then passes into the urine. People call this symptom "acetone in the urine", which indicates a violation of fat and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Often the body does not want to adopt a carbohydrate-free diet, so a person has unpleasant symptoms: weakness, nausea, constipation or diarrhea.
- Protein-rich foods contain a lot of fat, so pay attention to your menu.
As mentioned earlier, this diet does not have a serious menu, you can compile it yourself.
It's 7 days
- Morning: omelette with cheese or eggs; unsweetened coffee or orange juice; diet bread.
- Day: vegetable soup with chicken broth; chicken with rice; a glass of kefir; Instead of rice, you can use a vegetable salad with olive oil.
- Evening: various cucumbers and tomatoes seasoned with lemon juice; low-fat cottage cheese; grapefruit.
- Morning: low-fat yogurt; a piece of cheese; orange or apple.
- Day: vegetable soup with beef broth; boiled veal; kefir or apple juice.
- Evening: boiled cauliflower with mushrooms; boiled eggs; dried fruit compote.
- Morning: oatmeal in water; cottage cheese casserole; green tea.
- Day: fish soup without potatoes; boiled fish; celery salad; coffee.
- Evening: turkey with vegetables; tomato juice; Greek salad.
- Morning: scrambled eggs with tomatoes; apple; hip juice.
- Day: cheese soup; breast boiled with vegetables; yogurt.
- Evening: buckwheat; boiled beef; Fruit juice.
- Morning: cottage cheese with sour cream; boiled eggs; sugar-free coffee.
- Afternoon: green pickled vegetable soup; fish fried in olive oil; green tea or berry juice.
- Evening: cabbage salad; beef steak; herbal tea.
- Morning: 2 eggs; oats and tea.
- Day: chicken soup without potatoes; millet porridge; yogurt.
- Evening: boiled fish; cucumber and tomato salad; hip juice.
- Morning: cottage cheese and berry foam; baked apple.
- Day: turkey borsch; cooked fish; tomato juice.
- Evening: beef liver; steamed cauliflower; compote.
It's been 10 days
- Breakfast: two boiled eggs; Different cucumbers and tomatoes with the addition of Chinese cabbage (season with 1 teaspoon of olive oil); coffee without sugar or hip juice.
- Dinner: a slice of low-fat cheese and two lettuce.
- Lunch: grilled breast; salad of radish and lettuce leaves; green tea.
- Afternoon snack: a glass of kefir and a handful of berries.
- Lunch: steamed lean fish fillet; pumpkin with baked eggplant or cheese.
- Breakfast: two egg omelets with tomatoes; natural yogurt with pieces of fruit; sugar-free and milk-free coffee.
- Lunch: a glass of kefir and oranges.
- Lunch: kamun fillets; Vegetable casserole made of tomatoes, pumpkin, broccoli, leeks.
- Afternoon snack: cucumber stuffed with grated cheese (45 gr. ).
- Lunch: grilled beef steak; spinach, rock and avocado salad; carrot juice.
- Breakfast: two egg omelets with a tomato; two slices of celery and 45 g of grated cheese; hip juice.
- Dinner: a glass of yogurt with berries or pieces of fruit.
- Dinner: boiled mackerel fillet; broccoli, leek and tomato puree soup.
- Afternoon snack: a glass of kefir with berries.
- Dinner: grilled pork fillet; Steamed cabbage with the addition of 1 tsp. olive oil; herbal tea.
- Breakfast: natural yogurt with pieces of fruit; two scrambled eggs; green tea.
- Lunch: two slices of celery and one slice of cheese.
- Dinner: grilled tuna fillets; white cabbage, radish and cucumber salad.
- Afternoon snack: a glass of kefir and a handful of berries.
- Lunch: breast; pumpkin pancakes; coffee.
- Breakfast: cottage cheese casserole with berries; herbal tea.
- Lunch: Caesar and a small portion of chicken breast.
- Lunch: halibut fillets; radish with various white cabbage, cucumber and olive oil.
- Lunch: beef steak; oven-baked asparagus, sprinkled with grated cheese.
- Breakfast: low-fat cottage cheese with berries and green tea.
- Lunch: grilled breast and salsa salad.
- Dinner: salmon fillet and mushroom noodle soup.
- Afternoon snack: two slices of celery and 45 g of low-fat cheese.
- Dinner: asparagus with steamed brisket and grated cheese.
- Breakfast: an egg omelette with tomatoes and herbs; natural yogurt with pieces of fruit; coffee.
- Lunch: A small portion of Caesar is seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice and spices.
- Lunch: cotton fillets and baked cauliflower.
- Afternoon snack: cheese and two slices of celery.
- Dinner: breast and Mexican guacamole salad and herbal tea.
We start on the eighth day. In this version, you are allowed to drink a glass of low-fat milk or kefir at night.
This option is only suitable for very motivated people with good health and strong will.
- 1st day. We eat a boiled egg every two hours, starting at 10 in the morning. Only 5 eggs a day.
- 2nd. During the day we eat 1 kg of lean fish cooked in small portions without salt.
- 3 rd. 2 boiled breasts without salt.
- 4th. 5 boiled potatoes.
- 5th. Half a kilo of boiled beef or veal.
- 6th. 2 kg of any fruit except bananas.
- 7th. 2 kg of any vegetable except potatoes. Cooking method: cooking, steaming, grilling.
- 8th. 1 kg of low-fat cottage cheese.
- 9th. 2 liters of low-fat kefir.
- 10th. We drink hip mixture throughout the day.
It's been 14 days
- Breakfast: two boiled eggs without sugar, tea or coffee.
- Snack: 100 g of low-fat cottage cheese.
- Dinner: 200 g of boiled pollock, hip juice.
- Afternoon snack: white cabbage and cucumber salad.
- Dinner: 100 g of boiled pollock.
- Breakfast: oatmeal, eggs, green tea.
- Snack: a glass of kefir or natural yogurt with berries or pieces of fruit.
- Dinner: 100 grams of buckwheat porridge and grilled breast.
- Afternoon snack: various cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Meal: 100 g of boiled pollock.
- Breakfast: oatmeal, eggs, green tea.
- Snack: green apples.
- Dinner: a portion of brown rice and 100 grams of chicken breast.
- Afternoon snack: cottage cheese casserole.
- Lunch: Brussels sprouts salad.
- Breakfast: an omelet with two eggs. Tea or coffee without sugar.
- Snack: 100 g of pollock or steamed breast.
- Dinner: 200 g of boiled pollock, baked vegetables (pumpkin, eggplant, different types of cabbage).
- Afternoon snack: 200 g of various vegetables.
- Lunch: grapefruit and apple juice.
- Breakfast: oatmeal and boiled eggs.
- Snack: vegetable salad, 50 g of low-fat cheese.
- Dinner: boiled rice and breast, 100 g of vegetables.
- Afternoon snack: carrot salad with 100 grams each and low-fat cottage cheese.
- Dinner: a green apple and unlimited cabbage.
- Breakfast: two egg omelets with a tomato.
- Snack: 150 g of vegetable salad or 100 g of cottage cheese.
- Dinner: boiled rice and chicken breast.
- Afternoon snack: carrot salad in olive oil and cabbage.
- Meal: 100 grams of pollock and a glass of kefir.
- Breakfast: oatmeal with boiled egg. Tea with a spoonful of honey.
- Snack: apples or oranges.
- Lunch: 200 g of boiled beef and pearl barley porridge.
- Afternoon snack: 100 g of cottage cheese.
- Dinner: 200 grams of vegetable salad with a slice of cheese.
- Breakfast: two boiled eggs, apples, green tea.
- Snack: orange.
- Dinner: buckwheat porridge or pollock rice (150 g).
- Afternoon snack: boiled breast 200 g.
- Lunch: vegetable salad 200 g.
- Breakfast: a glass of kefir and an omelet.
- Snack: cabbage salad with 200 g of cucumber.
- Dinner: boiled rice and breast.
- Afternoon snack: carrot salad.
- Lunch: vegetable salad and a small grapefruit.
- Breakfast: tea with oatmeal, eggs and a spoonful of honey.
- Snack: vegetable salad 100 g.
- Dinner: a piece of rice, chicken cutlets with steamed onions.
- Afternoon snack: a glass of natural yogurt.
- Lunch: low-fat cottage cheese and green apples.
- Breakfast: two scrambled eggs, green tea or sugar-free coffee.
- Snack: oranges and a handful of nuts.
- Dinner: 200 grams of any grilled fish.
- Afternoon snack: 200 g of tomato juice.
- Lunch: 150 grams of beef steak.
- Breakfast: oatmeal and eggs, coffee.
- Snack: 50 g of low-fat cheese.
- Lunch: 200 g of lentil soup, fish cakes.
- Lunch: banana and carrot juice.
- Breakfast: vegetable salad, coffee and bread.
- Snack: cabbage salad.
- Lunch: steamed fish cakes and buckwheat porridge.
- Afternoon snack: an apple and a glass of kefir.
- Dinner: golden steak, lettuce leaves.
- Breakfast: two slices of bacon with eggs.
- Snack: 50 grams of cheese and two slices of celery.
- Lunch: brown rice and a portion of boiled breast.
- Afternoon snack: 200g sour cream.
- Dinner: vegetable casserole and herbal decoction.
You can make a diet for such a long time yourself by following the following recommendations:
First week (introduction). In the morning we eat complex carbohydrates, for snacks and lunch - protein and complex carbohydrates 50/50, in the afternoon snacks and dinner - protein food. Sweet and starchy foods are completely excluded, but vegetables and fruits with low GI can be added. The goal of the first week is to prepare the body for a carbohydrate-free diet.
The second week. We eat the following: eggs (2 pieces per day), low-fat cottage cheese, % 1 kefir, % 0, 5 milk (a glass), boiled beef, skinless chicken breast (fat is concentrated in it), boiled or cooked seafood, seafood, fresh vegetables: cabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes, greens (unlimited), apples and oranges (one until 14-00 a day), you can eat 1 tablespoon at dinner. a spoonful of bran.
Third week. Low-fat cottage cheese, eggs (2 - whole, more 2 - only protein), boiled breast, boiled or cooked seafood, cucumber (one piece per day), herbs, bran, 1 tbsp. spoon three times a day.
Fourth week. 2 boiled chicken a day, boiled egg white (7-8 pieces per day), a bunch of parsley, bran.
This period has included daily exercise fitness and bodybuilding. Athletes use it to burn fat while maintaining muscle mass.
You should know
- Even if you dry according to all the rules, it is not safe at all. The kidneys and liver are overloaded, which leads to weakness and lethargy, exacerbation of chronic diseases and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
- If you do not exercise, then the fat will not dry out, it will be a normal low-calorie diet. You should not expect miracles from him, but health problems are expected.
- Drying only makes sense if you have participated in sports before and have the muscle mass you need to get rid of fat. If there is no open muscle under the fat layer, it will be more effective to leave out flour, fatty and sweet foods.
- This is a long time and does not look like a quick weight loss before the holidays. Short-term drying (to prepare for the competition) lasts one to two weeks, and long-term (gradual) drying takes five to seven weeks. It will only help to gradually squeeze a figure.
- Held no more than twice a year.
Excellent drying performance
- It is necessary to support the liver for two weeks before the onset of dehydration. This will help hepatoprotectors, which are prophylactic substances that have a positive effect on the liver.
- During this period, the body should not experience any stress: travel, wedding, meeting, emergency at work. Therefore, carefully plan the drying time.
- Women are not advised to "dry" for more than a month and a half, otherwise hormonal disorders will begin. The output at the end of the process is as follows. Equivalent to drying itself in terms of duration.
- Exercises during this period should be short, but very intense. Cardio should not exceed half an hour and strength exercise should last 45 minutes.
- The caloric content of the diet is only 300-350 calories less than usual. A very low calorie menu (up to 1200 kcal per day) is only suitable if you weigh 55 kg or less before drying.
- Protein shakes and other dietary supplements are used in consultation with the trainer.
Nutritionists strongly warn: dehydration is not just a carbohydrate-free diet, it is a very serious process to do yourself at home. Experiments can adversely affect health.
Contraindications to a carbohydrate-free diet
Before starting such a diet, you should consult your doctor in the following cases:
- If you have had surgery recently.
- You have kidney, liver or gastrointestinal problems.
- Suffer from some kind of chronic disease.
Diet is strictly prohibited:
- Children under the age of 18;
- lactating and pregnant women;
- with food allergies to protein products.
Here are some simple recipes to make your menu tasty and varied.
Chicken balls with cheese
Take 0, 5 kg of chicken fillets and roll them in a meat grinder. One pinch of salt, pepper and two cloves of garlic will enhance the flavor. Mix everything well. Beat in raw eggs. Rub 200 g on a coarse grater. Add the minced cheese to the hard cheese and the resulting sawdust. Mix again. Brush a baking dish with olive oil and cut into small meatballs. Bake them in the oven at 200 C for 20 minutes. When it is brown, turn to the other side. Serve hot sprinkled with herbs.
Take one kilogram of beef liver, wash it thoroughly in cold water, grind it to a puree consistency using a meat grinder or blender. Finely chop an onion and 200 grams. champignons. Beat 4 egg whites. Add 2 tablespoons. tablespoon oat bran. Mix the whole mass well. Put in a mold greased with olive oil and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 40 minutes. You can use sugar-free kebab spices when cooking.
It is also possible to choose a casserole without onions and mushrooms.
Light chicken salad
Boil 100 grams. chicken fillet. Drain the broth, it will be useful for the soup. Take 50 grams. lettuce leaves and cut into strips. Cut the prepared fillets, cucumbers, tomatoes and boiled eggs into cubes. Combine all ingredients and add a drop of olive oil.
Mushrooms cooked in eggs
Take half a kilo of fresh mushrooms, chop finely, boil in salted water and put in a colander. When the liquid is drained, transfer the mushrooms to a pan and fry a little in olive oil. Then transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle with herbs. Salt and pepper to taste. Use a spoon to make two holes in the mass and pour the raw eggs. Bake in the oven until the eggs are done.
200 qr. pumpkin and grill. Beat a raw egg into the resulting mass. Add 4 tablespoons. tablespoon flour and a pinch of soda. Mix the pumpkin dough until smooth. Shape the pancake and bake at 200 degrees. You can sprinkle them with pre-grated cheese. Instead of baking bread, pancakes can simply be fried.
Get out of the diet
How to get out of the diet properly:
- Gradually return to your normal diet by adding new foods each week. For example, seven days after the end of the marathon, you add pasta to the menu. Fourteen days later - starchy vegetables, three weeks later - cereals, etc.
- Continue to eat in fractions: in small portions several times a day. Nutritionists say that eating 5 meals a day is healthier than eating less.
- Stick to the green plate rule. It sounds like this: half full of leafy greens and crispy vegetables. A quarter of a plate: cereals - rice, bulgur, beans, and the second quarter: healthy protein foods the size of a human hand - fish, chicken, beef, etc.
- The amount of carbohydrates consumed every day increases by only 30 grams. These are great if they are slow carbs.
- Do not forget to do sports. You do not need to spend the evenings in the gym, you can just go fast and do light exercises in the morning.
- Limit your fat intake.